Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quote of the Day

Taxation is a hard concept for a five and a half year old. With the state elections last month I let Justin do the voting because we were voting "no" on all the measures and I figured it would be fun to find all the nos and mark them with the Inkavote. My best attempt has been to explain that we need to pay taxes for things that are important like firefighters, police, and army, but that we give enough money for that already and that the government needs to choose how to spend it better. I make this personal by saying that if the government takes more of the money Mommy earns we won't be able to go to McDonalds or buy new toys (these are my standard examples of reasons why we don't waste what we have). So today Justin says, "If my kids say they don't need anymore toys, I'll just give all my money to the government." Either I have a budding liberal on my hands or he's so enamored by law enforcement that he's willing to part with all his money. $10 says that when he actually earns money he'll change his tune.

No comments: