Monday, December 17, 2007
The light bulb story
So Justin's in his afternoon quiet time on Saturday, I'm at church working, and my mom is home with him. I called to let her know that I was in the middle of a project and would be about an hour later coming home than I had predicted. Apparently she had answered the phone in her room upstairs, and when she came out she could hear that Justin was no longer in his room. She called to him to see what he was doing, and the reply came back, "I'm changing the light bulbs." Sure enough, my not-quite-four-year-old had already removed and replaced the light bulbs in the two living room lamps. "I'm changing the light bulbs." Completely matter of fact. As if it's one of those things that kids often do between playing with cars and building a tower out of blocks. As if he is responsible for that part of the household maintenance. I honestly have no clue where the bulbs came from or how he knew how to do it, but I'm going to rethink letting him watch the episode where Curious George tries to fix the plumbing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
he's taking after his mom....
Post a Comment