- I’m an introvert. Whereas email is communicating one-on-one, blogging is akin to public speaking. Introverts would rather have a root canal than speak in public.
- I generally regret personal disclosure almost immediately. With a blog you wouldn’t even know who to be uncomfortable around because you’d have no idea who had read it.
- My worlds (work, friendships, personal) are so interconnected that it’s already difficult to know where the boundaries are anyway…it’s weird to think that my boss would have access to the daily banter I have with my girlfriends. (Although last week I blew it and hit “Reply All” with a snotty comment that then went to all the pastors as well as the one person I had intended…oops!)
So why have I given in?
- Because people keep asking me whether I do.
- The one sentence responses that you get let you know the people you love are still connected to you.
- My son is handsome, brilliant, and deserves to be bragged about. And if I don’t write things down I forget them. (Remind me to tell you the one about J changing all the light bulbs during quiet time).

2 comments:
and yet...here you are. i'm excited. welcome!
polly, i had the same reservations you had. i posted one entry at the beginning, and then got shy and waited two months before posting another one. then i decided, "what the heck. i'm just gonna be who i am and let the rest fall where it may. it is good for me to write, like it is good for me to eat my vegetables, and it will be good for my kids to have some kind of record of my thoughts after i'm dead."
so glad you decided to push through your fears and join the bloggers. you have important and delightful things to say.
Post a Comment