Monday, August 4, 2008

Again or as usual

They say that there's nothing sure in life but death and taxes, but in my life you can add a third...that something will happen to add tremendous strain to my personal life approximately 2 weeks before any major event at church (there are 5 per year). I won't go through the list, but I can't think of an exception in the two years since I joined the church staff. Coincidence? Maybe once or twice, but not 12 times in two years. Is someone purposely trying to derail me? Yes, but not the actual person(s) involved since they don't know these events are happening. There is a battle for my time and energy, and it's tough because both the personal and the professional urgently require both time and energy. So please pray for Wednesday's Bible Adventure and for me in the days and weeks surrounding it. May I fight the good fight and not be discouraged, and may God be glorified in what I do and say.

1 comment:

julie martin said...

thanks for letting us know, polly. i will pray as i think of you!