Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home Runs, Game Balls, and Candy Bars


This photo was taken in the dug out following Justin's first game home run. Although it's tee ball, they get to try swinging at 3 pitches before using the tee. On the first pitch he knocked it deep into the outfield and was able to get home before the other team got the ball in. He was also quite proud to have an RBI since another of his teammates was on base (I think he's the only one on the team that actually knows what an RBI is). In addition to his home run, he also made several good plays as shortstop and was awarded the "Game Ball" for his performance. It was a great game.

Another success was our first day at selling fundraiser candy bars. Grandma bought one last night, Justin bought one after breakfast, and then we headed over to church. Before we even reached the office we sold 5 to the two volunteer handymen and Justin's Sunday school teacher. The high school pastor bought 10, so, not to be out done, the executive pastor (having borrowed money from his administrative assistant) also bought 10, and the office ladies were good for another 8. I paid my dollar and had one with almonds for lunch so out of 50 candy bars we sold 36 the first day! Justin did the selling and collecting of money all on his own. His sales pitch was, "Hey, you wanna buy a candy bar? They only cost a dollar. And if you have $5 you can get 5!" Unfortunately I think he thinks he gets to keep the money, but it's still a fun experience for him. I think I'm doing pretty well in my rookie year as a sports mom!

1 comment:

natalie said...

oh my gosh...a home run and an RBI!!! he's gonna be a pro no doubt! move him up a league!