Saturday, March 1, 2008

Opening Day!

Here are a few photos from our big day...Justin's first official tball experience. He's on the Cubbies with 10 other boys and girls ages 4-6. He's very excited to have gotten Russell Martin's number since he lives and breathes Dodgers (he likes streets where the speed limit is 55, is excited when he wakes up at 6:55, etc). Here they're doing their team cheer of "Go Cubbies!"
They don't keep score at all. Each inning they go through the batting order once. Justin plays short stop. He hit well today and slid into base three times (completely unnecessary for the game each time but he looked cool doing it). He's especially pleased to have new cleats and to have progressed from plastic bats (because we still play baseball in the house) to a metal one.
Here's my pride and joy. It's a good thing that there is a full year before I have to think about this, because at eleven o'clock last night when I was putting the finishing touches on the banner (not my choice to start the banner Wednesday for a huge Saturday morning event) I was vowing never to be a Team Mom again. But our banner won its division earning us a free pizza party. See, being a scrapbooker is sometimes a useful skill. Everyone cheered for the tballers as they paraded around the field which made J feel like he had arrived in the Major Leagues. Here he is waving to his "fans."
We earned more than $300 at our booth (another Team Mom responsibility) and it was a successful day and fun day in the end. Did I mention that he won a goldfish at a carnival booth?But I need a couple of innings off!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun!! I think it is so cute how hooked he is on baseball and the Dodgers!! We have a friend who lives and breaths the Dodgers..but he's 31!!=0) If you go to Scott's Shots on my page, he has a whole Dodger analysis Justin might find fun! And I have to say, great job on the banner and hurray for scrapping!!=0)

natalie said...

oh i love this!!! so great to see and hear all about it. you're a fantastic team mom...way to go polly b!