Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stupid?

In our family we don't allow Justin to use the word "stupid." It's not that it's a bad word, it's just that I want to encourage him to widen his vocabulary and be more specific about things. Is it that he's saying something is not smart? Silly? Annoying? Frustrating? Uncomfortable? There are other words besides stupid.

So the other day he said that I was stupid (I don't even remember why). I gave him a raised eyebrow "Mommy-look" which means that trouble is brewing, and he quickly recovered, "I mean stupendous. Mommy, I think you're stupendous."

Nice try, but that one is only going to work once.

3 comments:

natalie said...

oh my....the testing us never ends!

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I love that your four year old son knows the word stupendous! Despite the initial comment, you must be doing something right! :D

julie martin said...

where did he learn "stupendous?" too cute.