- I cleaned my office so that now I can see both the desk and the carpet.
- I also had a good conversation with my "new boss" which makes me somewhat less dismal about the departure of the former, much-loved one.
- I have a To Do list that I think with some planning and initiative I can actually accomplish.
- I have new brakes and new windshield wipers on my car. I feel like my car, even with 107K miles on it, is safe and running well. I'm also thankful that I had the savings to pay for the repairs without additional stress.
- The mountains are gorgous after all that rain and snow. I don't know when I ever remember them looking that spectacular, and I get to enjoy it every time I leave or return home.
- I think I have a volunteer to substitute teach in Justin's Sunday school class between now and Easter. He can't deal with me teaching his class at this point in his development, and I wasn't looking forward to either fighting with him or having to send him home early with Grandma for the next nine weeks.
- I loaded and ran the new dishwasher. I really like the design of it and that everything fits neatly in its place (I'm easily pleased).
- As a reward for good behavior (Justin's, not mine), we have a living room camp out planned for tonight in the tent that I got for Christmas.
I admit that the practical side of me is trying to contain my joy knowing that sooner or later the other shoe will drop, but why not rejoice that my heart is light, even for a few hours?!

2 comments:
so glad that things are looking up. i'm fighting to see the up side of anything right now.
Sadly, after buying marshmallows to roast and everything, Justin spent the evening disobeying, punctuated by hitting Mommy because he was angry. Since that cannot be tolerated, we missed our sleepover. I'm disappointed, but we'll try again on Wednesday.
Post a Comment