While cleaning out the garage today I found one of Justin's little baby socks. I have a thing about baby socks. They're so cute and so small. I like to give them as gifts when I find out people are expecting because it's just amazing to imagine the little person who will wear them. I even used a tiny sock as my "focal point" during labor... a white one with navy toes and heel. I love that little pair of socks. You can understand my horror when I found this little sock just loose on the garage floor surrounded by dirt and trash. I brought it in and immediately got out the treasure box where I keep my very favorite outfits and memories from Justin's first year. As I lovingly showed Justin each of the items (and he gave the obligatory awww), I found the actual pair of newborn socks that I so loved. Turned out that the "tiny" sock I had found was actually one of a toddler set he wore learning to walk. Now that he wears a size 11, I guess anything looks tiny.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Perspective
While cleaning out the garage today I found one of Justin's little baby socks. I have a thing about baby socks. They're so cute and so small. I like to give them as gifts when I find out people are expecting because it's just amazing to imagine the little person who will wear them. I even used a tiny sock as my "focal point" during labor... a white one with navy toes and heel. I love that little pair of socks. You can understand my horror when I found this little sock just loose on the garage floor surrounded by dirt and trash. I brought it in and immediately got out the treasure box where I keep my very favorite outfits and memories from Justin's first year. As I lovingly showed Justin each of the items (and he gave the obligatory awww), I found the actual pair of newborn socks that I so loved. Turned out that the "tiny" sock I had found was actually one of a toddler set he wore learning to walk. Now that he wears a size 11, I guess anything looks tiny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ahh that is so sweet Polly! Isn't perspective interesting?? I know when Zachary was born, all of a sudden our 22 month old Tyler looked HUGE! So crazy! But it is great that you have those memories tucked away and I completely agree with you on the socks...and any itty bitty baby clothes for that matter!! =0)
i have a thing for socks too!
Post a Comment