So as not to ask for prayer and never let you know the outcome, the decisions made yesterday were virtually entirely positive. Although I didn't get all the justice I was after, Justin was protected in ways that I wouldn't even have hoped for and that's all that really matters. I think the truth was heard as much as it could have been in the short time I had.
But I find myself wondering why I'm not throwing a parade and swinging from the chandelier today. I guess it's partly because I've already had indications that although it's "officially" over, it's not really over, and partly because in most battles no one really wins, the other person just loses more. I think biologically I've been in the state of "fight" (as in fight or flight) for so long that when that intense level of stress is gone I'm left in a state of exhaustion and depression until things chemically even out a little. And it has worked out that my major stressors always come the Monday after Justin's weekend away which requires me to put my own needs and feelings aside in order to help him cope with his. That is what today has been about.
So rejoice because the Lord is good and powerful...and I'll get to the point of rejoicing in a day or two. Thanks for the encouragement.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you're a good mama, putting your child's needs first and for 'fighting' for him. he doesn't know it now, but one day, when he's a grown man, will look back at all you have done and will be overwhelmingly grateful. for now, we give testimony to the fact that you would and do give everything for him.
thanks so much for letting us know. may the relief fully hit you soon!
Polly, I'm so glad I found your blog and can get to know your family. God bless you. These are wonderful days, and may you create great memories.
Jean Hedrick
Post a Comment